About National Student Research Symposium
The Ministry of Higher Education, Training and Innovation (MHETI) in collaboration with the Namibia University of Science and Technology (NUST); the University of Namibia (UNAM); the International University of Management (IUM); and the National Commission for Research, Science and Technology (NCRST), established a Steering Committee to facilitate the 2nd Annual National Student Research Symposium (NSRS). The NSRS is scheduled from 2 to 3 October 2019 under the theme: ‘’Enhancing Collaborative Research for Sustainable Development”.
The NSRS is established with the unique aim to immerse students into a culture of research and to promote scientific writing from a young age. Moreover, this platform is geared towards providing an opportunity for Namibia to celebrate research through dissemination of information on research activities and findings by Namibian student and young researchers.
The symposium is open to students from all tertiary institutions in Namibia and no registration fees will be required. Participants may present results from their current research projects.
Objectives of the NSRS:
The objectives of the NSRS is as follows:
• Enhance research culture in Namibia among young researchers and students;
• Promote technical writing and skill development;
• Generate and disseminate local knowledge;
• To create a platform to promote and protect commercialisation of research and innovation output;
• to harness research talent in Namibia and encourage students to publish;
• Transform research findings that demonstrate tangible returns on investment and lead to social; progression and economic advancement of the nation;
• To advise the universities and industries on any matter relating to student research and innovation agenda;
• To promote and facilitate the integration of student research and learning;
• Encourage technical scientific writing skills;
• Encourage research publication among students.