- 1. How much do I need to pay?
The National Student Research Symposium (NSRS) is free of charge.
- 2. I have not conducted any research, can I still attend?
The symposium is open to everyone, regardless of your research profile. You are encouraged to attend if you wish to enhance your research skills.
- 3. Where will the Symposium be held?
The location for the NSRS will be at the Namibia University of Science and Technology (NUST), at Auditorium 1 (opposite the Library) on the lower campus.
- 4. What are the aims of this symposium?
The main aim of the symposium is to immerse students into research and promote a scientific writing culture. The symposium will also provide a unique opportunity to equip students with technical scientific writing skills, and present them with an opportunity to demonstrate their work.
- 5. Is it only open for NUST students?
This year, the symposium is open for students, undergraduates or post-graduates, from UNAM and IUM, or any other higher institution in Namibia, who wishes to present their research and/or attend.
- 6. Are there examples of submissions formats?
Examples of formats can be found at: http://nsrs.nust.na/?q=submissions
- 7. Do I Have Any Choice on How I Do My Presentation (Presentation Type)?
Presentations will be in the form of either a PowerPoint presentation, a poster presentation or a demonstration presentation. A poster display board and pushpins will be provided and set up prior to your session.
- 8. What do I do when I arrive at the symposium?
A registration desk will be outside of the entrance of the Auditorium for registrations, and to collect your name tag and goodie bag which includes the symposium booklet of abstracts.
- 9. Will There Be Refreshments?
There will be light refreshments, water, coffee and tea served.
- 10. Whom can I contact for more information?
Ms Lauren Herunga, NSRS Secretariat on 061-207-2638 or e-mail address: email@example.com